[WikiEN-l] 72-hour block

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 09:27:09 UTC 2005

On 7/28/05, Lapsed Pacifist <lapsedpacifist at campus.ie> wrote:
> Hi. My user name is Lapsed Pacifist, and my IP is 159.134.233.225. I'm sorry to say I've been here before, the last time things were resolved amicably. I've been blocked for 3 days by Jtdirl, and I believe this administrator is in breach of Wikipedia policy as outlined on Wikipedia:Blocking policy, specifically: "blocks should not be used...against user accounts that make a mixture of disruptive and useful edits" and "users should not block those with whom they are currently engaged in conflict." I don't agree that my edits are disruptive, but even if this administrator does, my contentious entries are easily outnumbered by hundreds of others, and this administrator and I are currently disagreeing on different matters.

This particular admin has a history of making inappropriate blocks,
especially as a weapon in edit wars in which he is involved.

The case of [[user:pwqn]] is before us. A long history of good edits,
he makes a perfectly reasonable edit to an article in which this admin
has sunk a lot of ego, and bingo, he's blocked for a month. No
warning, no consultation, no discussion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/IncidentArchive35#Block_of_User:Pwqn

Although the block was speedily lifted, pwqn has not returned. This
admin made no apology and in fact would not admit that he had made any
error at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Pwqn

Not too long ago, Jimbo was in this forum asking for links and diffs
showing abuse of admin powers. These were provided here, but no action
was taken.

--
Peter in Canberra