[WikiEN-l] userpage and user subpage protection

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:11:19 UTC 2005

On 7/25/05, A. Nony Mouse <mousyme at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, you do so - but as I have noticed on multiple occasions reading
> your own userpage, you freely use your admin powers to lock yours down
> whenever someone is defacing your user page.
>
> Ordinary users don't have that right. Their options are to request
> getting it locked and wind up having to beg an admin to lock it, wait
> for them to edit, and then relock it whenever they make changes or
> else constantly revert the vandalism.

I've never locked my user page despite frequent vandalism.

There are so many editors monitoring recent changes that user page
vandalism rarely lasts more than a few minutes.  We have special tools
that make user page vandalism very obvious, easy to spot, and easy to
revert.  So this really is a non-issue.

Kelly