[WikiEN-l] Worrying trends

Michael P Hopcroft michael at mphpress.com
Sat Jul 23 00:35:03 UTC 2005

Fred Bauder wrote:

> It's a rather different situation. I have little doubt Abraham
> existed, due to his being part of an oral tradition. The account
> given of him may be grossly inaccurate, but it is almost certain he
> existed. The Book of Mormon, supposedly delivered into the hands of
> Joseph Smith by an angel, then gone!, is a whole different animal.

Yet it is something that I personally take as an article of faith, just
like the First Vision. There is a differnece between saying "There are
people who believe this to be false" and saying "This is false".

On the other hand, there are people who do in fact believe that there
were no such people as Abraham, Moses, or Jesus of Nazareth.

religious articles are always tricky since it is very hard to keep one's
pown point of view out. The trick is not to delete other people's
viewpooints when they conflict with your own.