[WikiEN-l] Re: Plagiarism Policy, was A Missing Policy

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 15:32:16 UTC 2005

On 7/20/05, Geoff Burling <llywrch at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> As I pointed out in another email, adding plagiarised content to Wikipedia
> can be understood as taking written material someone owns & releases it
> under the GFDL or Creative Commons without first consulting the author
> or owner.

I think you are confusing copyright infringement with plagiarism.  We
already have policies against copyright infringement, and enforce them
fairly strictly.  I think the rest of us were talking about the kind
of plagiarism that did not involve copyright infringement.

I don't think there is any doubt about having zero tolerance for
copyright infringement.

-Matt