[WikiEN-l] Re: Plagiarism Policy, was A Missing Policy

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Tue Jul 19 22:14:07 UTC 2005

Hello, Fred.

And in response to another you wrote:

> It's very simple. Wikipedia policy requires you to cite your sources,
> see [[Wikipedia:Cite sources]].
>
> Fred

I fail to understand the relevance of either
of your comments. Everyone in the current
discussion agrees that Wikipedia needs more
and better references and I'm sure everyone
is familiar with the policy page you point out.
We have been discussing nuances of how, when,
where and for what purpose we can best add
which references, not the general principle
of more references being a good thing.

Regards,
Haukur