[WikiEN-l] Current state of the Wikipedia motivation survey

Joachim Schroer schroer at psychologie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Jul 19 13:00:25 UTC 2005

Dear all,

as many of you know, we have started a survey on the motivation of
contributors to Wikipedia a week ago. So far, more than 150 participants
completed our online survey -- thanks a lot!

The questionnaire will be available until August 3 at:

    http://www.unipark.de/uc/wikipedia/

We would like to invite everybody who is involved in one or more
Wikipedia projects as contributors, sysops or in community discussions
to answer the survey. This will take about 20 minutes. The questionnaire
is in English, but participants from other Wikipedias are of course
invited to take part as well.

We are also glad that a number of people have linked to our survey from
their blogs or set links on prominent Wikipedia pages. We even have a
Wikipedia page ourselves now:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:University_of_W%C3%BCrzburg_survey%2C_2005

To allow for reliable results, we hope that as many contributors as
possible complete the questionnaire. You would especially help us if you
could link to the survey or forward this e-mail to people who don't
regularly read this list.

The original announcement is available here:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-July/026281.html

Our project website is here:
http://www.psychologie.uni-wuerzburg.de/ao/research/wikipedia.php?lang=en

Thank you for your time and input, and best wishes from Wuerzburg,

Joachim Schroer

--
Joachim Schroer, Dipl.-Psych.
University of Wuerzburg