[WikiEN-l] Illegal block

Jim Duffy hishelpfulness at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:38:15 UTC 2005

In re http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Administrator_illegal_block

[[User:jtdirl]] reverted my edits to a series of articles on popes
without warning. He blocked me for vandalism. He has been edit
battling on these articles for weeks.

He says my edits were identical to others. Not so! I moved the title
in life of the dead pope to a 'Trivia' section. This resolves the
controversy over including the title in the first line of the article.
This title is reserved for the current pope. It is wrong to call a
deceased pope e.g. "His Holiness Pope Deceased XXII". If the pope in
death has a title he did not have in life e.g. "Saint" it is useful to
see the life style.

I tried to help and got yelled at.

--
Jim