[WikiEN-l] Correspondence relating to the copyright status of an image

Nathaniel Krause nathanielkrause at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:29:00 UTC 2005

Below is the response I received from the proprietor of
http://4dw.net/royalark after I e-mailed him to ask for copyright
information on a picture that appeared on his website. The image in question
  (http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Arabia/hijaz-Ali.gif) is a photograph of
[[Ali bin Hussein]], who died in 1935, and thus I thought there was a good
chance the image might be in the public domain by now, especially since it
might well have been taken in the Middle East before the currently-existing
states there were even established.