[WikiEN-l] William M. Connolley, admin? (was: Running the asylum)

William M Connolley wmc at bas.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 21:56:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Fred Bauder wrote:
> If the problems William M. Connoley presents were temporary, I would
> not have objected to Administrator status for him. He believes a
> Wikipedia article should prominently feature the "truth." While this
> sounds ok on its face, in practice any method of arriving at the
> truth though reference to expert editors such as himself presents
> prospects of sustained conflict. Our references need to be to
> reputable published information.

FB has an odd definition of NPOV. The rest of the arbcomm don't agree with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Climate_change_dispute/Proposed_decision#William_M._Connolley.27s_objections_to_NPOV

-W.

William M Connolley | wmc at bas.ac.uk | http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/met/wmc/
Climate Modeller, British Antarctic Survey | (01223) 221479
If I haven't seen further, it's because giants were standing on my shoulders