GMail's threading (was Re: [WikiEN-l] A plea)

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:06:10 UTC 2005

On 7/15/05, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org> wrote:

> Well, not that I want to start moaning about gmail, but if the way it
> works is not in line with existing email clients and email servers,
> which it does, as it ignores the in-reply-to header, I wouldn't really
> call it "very good". :)

No offence at all, but you may be in the position of someone who
doesn't like TiVo because it's not the way they are used to, or
someone who doesn't see the need for a scroll wheel on a mouse.

I use GMail for list traffic because it presents a host of posts in an
accessible manner, not because it works well with Outlook or whatever.
Perhaps you should try it and see why I do this, and why others do the
same thing.

--
Peter in Canberra