[WikiEN-l] William M. Connoley, admin? (was: Running the asylum)

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 14 18:50:32 UTC 2005

 "Michael Turley" wrote

>I want to trust a bureaucrat to judge when it is most appropriate for
them to recuse themselves from an issue.

Just do so, then.  Ed doesn't need any more data, in fact.  He can ask
another bureaucrat to call this one, or he can do it himself.

>I don't see where Ed being open about his decision making process, and
people responding to him are necessarily polarizing or divisive or
contrary to good faith in any way, as long as we're polite, civil, and
respectful of each other.

I don't think another straw poll is a good thing, at all.  I don't think
qualifying  the bureaucrat status case-by-case is good, either.  My own
feelings about Ed are that his avuncularity has slipped badly on this issue;
but that has nothing to do with his capacity to decide the outcome. And  I
don't think any amount of civility makes up for schisms.

Charles