[WikiEN-l] Re: disclaimer at the bottom of pages

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 21:55:24 UTC 2005

Angela a écrit:
> The text is from [[MediaWiki:History copyright]]. The text on the
> English Wikipedia was added by Jamesday last year following a
> discussion on this mailing list where Tim made the addition to the
> history footers possible. See
> http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-June/013706.html
>
> There is also related discussion at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Terms_of_use#Title_17
>
> Information is also at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Page_history which states the
> Wikimedia Foundation's official view on this matter. See this diff
> which Anthere and Jimmy both agreed to lasy July  -
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Page_history&diff=4805756&oldid=4516125
>
> Angela.

Hum

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Page_history&diff=4805756&oldid=4516125
does not prove I agreed with it.

Actually, my previous edit was this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3APage_history&diff=4516125&oldid=4515080

It may be that we later had a mail on the topic, I have no memory of
this and looking in my mail box for mails a year old is basically ...
well. I won't even try :-)

In a private mail, you mention a juriwiki mail where the topic is
mentionned, yes, you forwarded a mail on the topic. I did not put any
comment about it. Nor of agreement, nor disagreement. I find new
interest at it now.

Now, I really think the current disclaimer is confusing.

Actually, last july version of the template was :
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:History_copyright&oldid=6207979

It has changed a lot since then.

May I suggest we make it shorter and link it to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Page_history

?

Ant