[WikiEN-l] Re: disclaimer at the bottom of pages

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 17:01:24 UTC 2005

I am not convinced.
*If* we need to protect ourselves against such an issue (copyrighted
content being in an old revision), then such a disclaimer should be on
all projects. This is not the case. So, what is the argument for saying
we should protect us in one project but not in others ?

And still, I find it strangely expressed, as someone not aware of
wikipedia editing process will read that the first reason we jump from
one revision to the next is because copyright content could be in it.
Which is not accurate.

I would gladly propose a rephrasing (though not sure everyone would like
my english :-)), but I currently do not see why one project needs such a
disclaimer and not others.

So, I am still confused.

When was this set up and by who ?

Anthere