[WikiEN-l] Re: Kangaroopedia, Pwqn, Skyring

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Mon Jul 11 18:30:35 UTC 2005

Cyberjunkie (swatso at optusnet.com.au) [050712 03:32]:

> I think it's plainly obvious to you what is going on, and your
> involvement is not something that can be ruled out just because you say
> so. However, I do believe Jtdirl may have unintentionally jumped the
> gun. On the face of it, I suspect that because Jtdirl joined the
> discussion after the obvious sock puppetry of one "Kangaroopedia", he
> mistook both Kangaroopedia and Pwqn to be incontestable sock puppets,
> not knowing of Pwqn's history. I don't believe Pwqn is a sock puppet.
> Nevertheless, I do find it entirely strange that s/he would just,
> completely out-of-the-blue, and in contrast to prior edits, edit an
> obscure topic on Australian government and rehash the same flawed
> understanding as Skyring. We can all draw conclusions, but I don't
> suppose there is anyway prove such duplicity. It is good that Pwqn has
> been unblocked, and s/he does deserve an apology of sorts from Jtdirl.
> Skyring doesn't.

Well, not really. I just checked the IPs (since Skyring on Australian
government topics has been a matter of AC interest) and while Pwqn and
Kangaroopedia are definitely the same person, they are *not* also Skyring,
unless the box in question is an open proxy. Which I wouldn't assume from
the evidence to hand.

> >I see his intemperate and abusive blocking of a good faith
> >editor as something warranting discussion.

> I encourage everyone to recognise the emotiveness of this seemingly
> irrelevant issue.  The harassment Jtdirl was subjected to should be
> considered, and he ought to be given a little bit of leeway. If Pwqn and
> Kangaroopedia are in some way linked to Skyring, then his actions would
> be perfectly justifiable. As it is, such a link may not exist or may and
> not be proven. But let's be clear, there was no abusiveness here and it
> is bad faith to assume bad faith.

I can't say there's *no* link, but I can say the IP evidence doesn't
suggest any link, fwiw. However, Kangaroopedia is a sock of Pwqn, and Pwqn
deserves at the absolute least a stern word for blatant sockpuppeteering.

- d.