[WikiEN-l] The ongoing trolling

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Jul 10 15:34:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 08:44:32PM -0500, Ruy Lopez wrote:

> As far as Chad Perrin's questions about this, I am just noting that
> Wales is a millionaire and reads Ayn Rand, i.e. I am pointing to what
> his political bias's are.

Well, thanks for clearing that up.  I, personally, have read four of Ayn
Rand's books, by the way, but have also read such works as Upton
Sinclair's "The Jungle".  I don't think pointing out a very limited
selection of someone's reading list are much of a reasonable indicator
of what sort of bias that person may or may not bring to the table in
any collaborative enterprise.  Whatever Jimbo's personal political
leanings may be, they aren't relevant to determining his management
style.  Rather, it would be more productive and reasonable to examine
his actual management actions, in whole and in context, and only examine
political leanings to attempt to understand the reasons for that
behavior if that too interests you (though it's still not really
relevant to a discussion of whether there's applied bias in management
style).

--
Chad Perrin
[ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]