[WikiEN-l] A Perhaps OT Post -- My Wikipedia Talk

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 12:53:40 UTC 2005

On 7/8/05, Geoff Burling <llywrch at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> * One person asked if the goals of Commons & Wikisource don't
> overlap the goals of the Gutenberg Project. I'm not sure I
> gave the right answer to his question.

Does Gutenberg do media other than whole books? That should answer
that question pretty concisely. In any event, Gutenberg is clearly
arranged around a very different model than us, which I think makes it
pretty different (but still wonderful) thing. Gutenberg also doesn't
allow self-publishing, to my knowledge, which would seem a good
opposite to Commons, which encourages it.

FF