[WikiEN-l] Abuse of admin powers by David Gerard and Snowspinner

SPUI drspui at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 21:14:17 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:
> Norath Norath (norath2005 at yahoo.com) [050707 06:44]:
>

>>User:Norrath was block by David Gerard for "admitted
>>sockpuppet and role account". This account is indeed a
>>sockpuppet of a user in good standing, created to
>>protest other blocks caaried out abusively by
>>Snowspinner. The account was declared as a sockpuppet,
>>in accordance with Wikipedia policy (which does not
>>prohibit this) and the only edits were polite
>>questions to Snowspinner about why he did not follow
>>policy.
>

> Role accounts are not allowed on en:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sock_puppet#Multiple_accounts
says nothing of that sort. "not officially sanctioned" is very different
from "not allowed". In any case, it doesn't make sense to block this
user, something that should take precedence over any supposed policy
violations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Some_trolls
is also over the top. I am involved in trolling. I troll various people
online sometimes.