[WikiEN-l] Abuse of admin powers by David Gerard and Snowspinner

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed Jul 6 20:51:18 UTC 2005

Norath Norath (norath2005 at yahoo.com) [050707 06:44]:

> User:Norrath was block by David Gerard for "admitted
> sockpuppet and role account". This account is indeed a
> sockpuppet of a user in good standing, created to
> protest other blocks caaried out abusively by
> Snowspinner. The account was declared as a sockpuppet,
> in accordance with Wikipedia policy (which does not
> prohibit this) and the only edits were polite
> questions to Snowspinner about why he did not follow
> policy.

Role accounts are not allowed on en:. And part of declaring the sock is
saying who it is. Edits aren't anonymous on Wikipedia and particularly not
in the project pages.

(The account declared itself a sock and role account in an edit to
[[User talk:Sam Spade]].)

> It is outrageous that admins block users simply for
> making legitimate requests for explanation from other
> admins about why they did not follow policy.

If you are another admin then I am Enviroknot.

> Please help.

You can tell my abusiveness by the fact that I disappeared this email when
I saw it in the queue. Oh, wait.

- d.