[WikiEN-l] SHOWCASING Abuses of Admin Power

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 15:26:49 UTC 2005

On 7/3/05, A. Nony Mouse
> Kurita77 I know you knew about; he was a recent new user who came to this
> list to ask why someone had PERMANENTLY BLOCKED his account from Wikipedia,
> and instead of treating him respectfully the Admins around here treated him
> like complete crap,

I'm writing not for your benefit, but for the benefit of those who
might stumble onto this thread in the future and not know the whole
story.

It has been pointed out several times that Kurita77 used the same IP
as enviroknott. The IP does not appear to be a proxy. Enviroknott is
blocked from wikipedia for being an abusive sockpuppetting troll.
Furthermore Kurita77 initial edits were on the same subjects and
enviroknott, and even came out in support of enviroknott. Finally,
this is the third user to magically appear, turn out to be from the
same IP as enviroknott.

With these facts in mind, no rational person would believe that
Kurita77 was anyone but enviroknott. That you choose to ignore this
and continue to cite events related to this user in the furtherance of
your complaints shows a remarkable lack of reason on your part. You
have posted dozens of angry, drama inducing posts on this and related
matters. If someone were actually being wronged this would be
forgivable... But anyone who understands the issues can see that this
is clearly not the case. As a result you are, whether or not you
intend to, trolling this list.

I understand that you believe the community is mishandling the matter,
but you aren't the one that is going to be able to fix it. I'm sorry,
because of your behavior we can not accept your help.

At this point, I think it is fairly clear that you have been asked to
leave. In case it is not, I'll do it again: Nony, your participation
here is not productive for anyone. Please leave.

I'd encourage others to cite the url to this message in the archives
when replying in a critical way to Nony in the future.  I don't think
it ethical to be rude to scare away users, as the users who need to go
enjoy the dispute... However I also feel no sorrow for those who have
been politely asked to leave and who receive some harsh words when
they refuse to cooperate. Quite frankly, we've assumed good faith and
I think we should continue to assume good faith, but I will not
complain about those who have run out of good faith for you.