[WikiEN-l] Thoughts on the process of requesting adminship

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 3 09:47:12 UTC 2005

>From: Rebecca <misfitgirl at gmail.com>
>
> > Ond of the advantages of making adminship more open would be that more
> > people would learn to be skillful, neutral administrators.
>
>Where is the problem that would warrant this?

And in my view, more importantly, why do people keep forgetting why
Wikipedia exists? It's not intended to be a training ground for "skillfull,
neutral administrators", but rather, an Encyclopedia.  The philosophical
underpinnings are a method of producing that goal, but they are not the goal
itself.  Changes which are purely for philosophical reasons, do not solve
any apparent problems, and do not relate to achieving that goal, are simply
not warranted.

Jay.