[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia is *already* written from a scientific POV

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 07:53:51 UTC 2005

On 7/3/05, Nathan J. Yoder <njyoder at energon.org> wrote:

> I just love the double standard here.  Apparently unless an admin does
> something extreme, they should not only not get blocked, but they
> should keep their admin status.  But if I make anything that could be
> construed as a "personal attack", I get blocked.  It's kind of strange
> that the admins are held to a _lower_ standard than the users are.

The same attitude prevails to a greater or lesser extent through any
similar human community and it is hardly fair to expect WP to be some
sort of Utopia. Hypocrisy, double standards, nepotism and so on are to
be expected and the difficult part is not to find instances of such
things occurring but to find it admitted openly.

--
Peter in Canberra