[WikiEN-l] Game-playing on Wikipedia

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 02:13:36 UTC 2005

In a message dated 7/2/2005 10:07:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
erik_moeller at gmx.de writes:

10% of  active users? You want hundreds of people playing games and doing
nothing  else before you consider intervening? Absolutely no way. For the
reasons I  cited, late intervention is not an option -- particularly
since those 10%  will then become vocal opponents of any such
intervention, citing  precedent and lack of consensus. The problem needs
to be stopped at its  very root now. You have presented no single
plausible argument why this is  not so.

Thank you, Erik, for intervening in this. I support your  position
wholeheartedly. To wait until this gets out of hand before  attempting to intervene is
not only ridiculous--it endangers Wikipedia.

Danny