[WikiEN-l] Personal attacks and low EQs

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:02:27 UTC 2005

> Unfortunately trying to solve hurt feelings purely on the sender's
> side is an intractable problem.

Another quick point... One of the biggest problems communicating
across cultures and languages is that the 'non-offensive' form
generally doesn't translate well. What I've found is that if you are
communicating in a language you speak imperfectly or to people who
speak your language imperfectly, it rapidly becomes very difficult to
avoid offense at the sender's side.

Since our entire project exists across many languages, and each
language may span many cultures, our behaviours need to be mindful of
these issues.