[WikiEN-l] The sandbox incubator

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 1 02:25:20 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller wrote:

> In other words, I would strongly argue in favor of shutting down the
> sandbox as a VfD-resistant incubator for games which distract from the
> purpose of building an encyclopedia. There is value to wikigames as
> entertainment and as an artistic effort, but there's a separate wiki
> dedicated to this already -- http://games.wikicities.com/ -- and I
> feel that our own gaming related efforts should be limited at best.

I'm surprised that the Sandbox is "VfD resistant" in the first place - I
would have thought anything sandbox-related would be deliberately
ephemeral and of no lasting value, and hence eminently deleteable. The
template on there even says that Sandbox contents are wiped every 12
hours, wouldn't this apply to Sandbox subpages too?