[WikiEN-l] Re: Illegitimate block.

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:57:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:28:43 -0800 (PST), Robert Brookes
<the_robert_brookes at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org> wrote:
>
> > It takes a truly
> > ignorant and undiscriminating person to compare
> > Auschwitz to Wikipedia.
>
> I did?

No.

You used the phrase "Gestapo-like" to illustrate heavy-handed admins.
That was entirely appropiate. The Gestapo image is one that all can
appreciate. You then used that to mention the liberation of Holocaust
survivors, a day which should receive more commemoration, rather than
less.

I was in the Holocaust Memorial Museum yesterday and was sad to see
that the place was all but deserted. A few adults and a few
schoolchildren. On such a day there should be a queue to get in.

I don't think you were all offensive. On the contrary, you made a
reference to an event which we should never forget.
--
Peter in Washington