[WikiEN-l] Re: Illegitimate block.

Robert Brookes the_robert_brookes at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 16:38:26 UTC 2005

--- JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Robert Brookes <the_robert_brookes at yahoo.com>
> >The use of a
> >(Gestapo-style) heavy hand in controlling the
> actions
> >of people is not something Wikipedia should create
> an
> >environment to florish. (So stated to commemorate
> the
> >liberation of the prisoners from Auswitz 60 years
> ago)
>
> I feel that any comparison between blocking an
> editor from editing an
> on-line encyclopedia for 24 hours, and the actions
> of the Gestapo or Nazis
> in Auschwitz, is an insult to the memory of the
> victims of the Gestapo and
> Auschwitz.
>
> Jay.

Was there a comparison?

No!

The holocaust started with the first brick thrown
through the window of a Jewish owned shop ... or with
the first racist taunt. We have people here now
exhibiting the same intolerance and actions of the
brown shirts then ... and you know something Jay? Like
then ... no one is saying anything. Nothing has been
learned. The same racism, bigotry and intolerance has
just been passed from one generation to the next.

Sad ... very sad.