[WikiEN-l] Re: {{unreferenced}} tag?

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 16:01:27 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:

>Yes, I agree. In fact, given how many articles don't have sources, it
>might make more sense to create a {{Sources have been cited}} tag. ;-)

It would require less work, but in terms of design, it would be entirely
wrong. All of these article tags (NPOV dispute, current, protected, the
various stub categories) are supposed to be temporary, to be removed
when the occasion that warranted the tag no longer applies. We should
avoid having tags of this nature that are permanent fixtures on the
article, and we should not allow the existing tags to become fixtures,
as currently they often do.

--Michael Snow