[WikiEN-l] My rant

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Tue Jan 25 01:36:51 UTC 2005

Christopher Mahan wrote:

>I'm pissed, and I want to rant. (you've been warned)
>
>At Mitsubishi Companies and Mitsubishi, I spent weeks figuring out
>all the ramifications of the mitsubishi companies.
>
>Then the list of companies gets dropped from the main article, then
>the mitsubishi companies article gets redirected, and now appears
>nowhere.

Are you talking about Michael Snow changes that happened nearly a
year ago? That's a long time to be oblivious!

Anyway, when I've developed a design that may not be self-evident,
I usually leave a note on the talk page explaining the theory. I
suspect my little notes forestall a lot of ill-considered changes;
of the remainder, the people who want to change it anyway either
leave their own counterargument and ping me via talk page. As a
last resort, they're all on my too-long watchlist...

Stan