[WikiEN-l] Encyclopaedia standards

apw at ap-woolrich.co.uk apw at ap-woolrich.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 09:46:57 UTC 2005

The application of encyclopaedia standards must surely depend on the
quality and experience of the editors. There does not seem to be a
clear way of assessing this. I come to Wikipedia by way of writing
for biographical dictionaries, working for a publisher of academic
books, as well as researching and writing academic articles and books
my field of the history of technology. I therefore automatically
apply those standards to my contributions to Wikipedia. I can also
apply those standards to pages which might need tweaking. When more
editors with my kind of background can be persuaded to contribute on
a regular basis then encyclopaedic standards will spread.

Tony Woolrich
Canal Side, Huntworth, Bridgwater, Somerset UK
Phone (44) 01278 663020
Email apw at ap-woolrich.co.uk