[WikiEN-l] Situation deadlocked, how to solve it?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Fri Jan 21 13:35:10 UTC 2005

Thank you for posting this. It nicely addresses the case of references being
used which when you check them out, turn out to not actually support the
information which they supposedly support. The advancement of references to
support information implies that when the supposed reference is consulted
you will find (and not by exhaustive search) information which backs up the
information inserted in Wikipedia; not a confused and ambiguous situation.

As we offer no alternatives to you other than giving up or breaking
Wikipedia rules yourself, the problem must be solved using our dispute
resolution procudure. Your request for comment is a good start, as is
continued discussion with Jayjg. If those actions do not result in
agreement, you may try mediation. If mediation fails after a good faith
effort (or if it is refused or not engaged in with good faith) you can then
request arbitration (hopefully the mediation committee itself will do that
in such cases).

Jayjg has been the "victor" in a recent arbitration since the other party
aggressively broke most Wikipedia policies. However it has long been
observed that there are problems with bias in the articles which concern the
Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I will not support anti-Semitism masquerading
as "balance" but I will welcome responsible insistance on our Neutral Point
of View policy. Hopefully the rest of the Arbitration Committee is of the
same mind.

Fred