[WikiEN-l] original research, sources, and verification

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri Jan 21 10:31:01 UTC 2005

> Stan Shebs wrote:
>

>> References and external links should include at least brief
>> caveats about quality of sources, just as one sees in good book
>> bibliographies.

Quality of source is usually (but not always) POV.  We're supposed to be
writing NPOV articles.
A caveat such as "warning: the article relies on population projections
that were proven by events to be grossly in error" is fine and NPOV.  A
caveat such as "the claims at this site are patently incorrect" is POV and
superfluous.  Otherwise rely on the general site content disclaimer and
the reader's commonsense.