[WikiEN-l] The essence of NPOV

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 03:55:22 UTC 2005

Without commenting directly on any of the flashpoints of frustration
currently under discussion, I think it's worth expressing what I believe
"neutral point of view" means to the overall content of an article. For
an article on a contentious subject to be NPOV, it must be an article
everyone can _live with_, *not* an article everyone is happy with.

There are some people who will never be happy with an article precisely
because it is not presented from their point of view.

--Michael Snow