[WikiEN-l] The 3RR policy should not always be blindly followed

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:10:12 UTC 2005

>Charles Matthews wrote:
>
>When something is already unverifiable, highly partisan POV, I wonder why
>it
>needs to be labelled 'original research' as well.

Because what is "POV" is often highly contested, especially by people who
aren't that familiar with the policy.  Original research is often easier to
discern and prove when the person in question has no sources to back up his
theory or belief.  Not that I haven't run into the "this isn't original
research, these are simply the facts" defence as well.

Jay.