[WikiEN-l] The 3RR policy should not always be blindly followed

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 18 06:57:16 UTC 2005

At 03:17 PM 1/17/2005 -0700, slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:
>Maybe it would be a good idea to form a team of "no original research"
>checkers who have the right to violate 3RR, and on whom any editor
>could call for help in the case of a revert war triggered by an editor
>adding unreferenced claims. The job of this team would be to ask for a
>reference and then to determine whether the reference offered was a
>reputable one. If not, the team would have the right to keep reverting
>until the POV pusher got fed up.

Since the POV pusher is someone who is repeatedly, consistently and with
malice aforethought inserting material that goes against Wikipedia policy,
I think it would be best to expedite the work of ArbCom so that the
POV-pusher can simply be banned rather than setting up a group of official
edit warriors whose job is to try out-pushing him on his own terms. I
believe edit wars would be just as troublesome when they're officially
sanctioned as when they aren't.