[WikiEN-l] Re: minor issue, but still a npov warning

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 20:27:17 UTC 2005

What UTTER nonsense.  This has nothing do with bias, just a difference of outlook.  I CANNOT imagine how you can possibly consider this naming difference bias.  And I am offended that you believe that there is some sort of conspiracy among English-speaking Wikipedians to downgrade the accomplishments of other people.  How about cleaning up the French language Wikipedia before you start casting stones?

RickK

Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Stan Shebs a écrit:

> And you corrected them on this, right? This is absolutely nothing
> to do with NPOV,

Then we just do not have the same perception of what is neutral, this is
all. For me, naming things (like a polish city) may have to do with
neutrality of report.

> and it's unfair to hardworking editors to say
> that they're biased and not doing anything about it.

This is an unfair comment, as I mentionned that the articles were great.
What I report rather tends to fit in systemic bias of Wikipedia.

There is a bias of the en wikipedia to have anglo success appears bigger
than they may appear to african people for example, just as there is
definitly a bias on the french wikipedia which makes France appear more
important that other french speaking countries.

We are all biaised, and little can be done about this.