[WikiEN-l] Re: minor issue, but still a npov warning

Puddl Duk puddlduk at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 21:41:39 UTC 2005

> We are all biased, and little can be done about
> this.

Communication is the only way, but by its nature tends
to hurt people's feelings in cases like this. I
applaud your courage, Anthere for raising the subject.

> They were amused however, of that situation.
> They are in no way anti-American, but they laughed
at > our non bias policy in this case.

This hurts my feelings. Huygens is about 20% of the
Cassini-Huygens mission, and has been well represented
in the English article (going back to before the
spacecraft and article separation).

> What you report fits exactly into the worst
>stereotypes of
> the French; sneering at other people's work, but
> not taking any responsibility for having let this
> perceived problem go unmentioned for years.

Language like this is not helpfull, Stan.

>  nationalistic pride?

Not always a bad thing, now is the time to applaud
Europe's fantastic success; space craft seperation,
deploying multiple parachutes, ejecting heat shields,
and functioning instruments working flawlessly after
billions of miles and years of cryogenic hibernation.
Well done, Europe, ESA and ASI!