[WikiEN-l] Copyright, images and the voicing of doubt

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 21:32:15 UTC 2005

The question is what we are concerned about: being sued, or about
being above board with what we use and properly redistributable?

Certainly, in most cases, Wikipedia is safe from being sued.

Have you noticed, by the way, that the current trend on image
copyright is NOT 'assume good faith' on Wikipedia?  We no longer
assume that reading a statement and clicking yes to agree is
sufficient -- we require people to justify.

-Matt (User:Morven)