[WikiEN-l] Re: External links and self-linking to my site

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 23:23:50 UTC 2005

I thoroughly agree.  NSK's site is mostly material that has been deleted from Wikipedia for a variety of reasons, and his/her main purpose in life on this mailing list is to get us to go to his/her site and contribute to it.  There is hardly anything there that adds to material we already have on Wikipedia.

RickK

Rebecca <misfitgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
I think it's a fairly clear example of spamming. Based on a look at
NSK's contributions, it seems (and doesn't surprise me) that a
majority of them are adding links, many to his site. Nearly every post
by NSK to Wikipedia's mailing lists, including this one, is either a)
trying to convince people to go to his site, or b) trying to convince
people that Wikipedia needs to be made more like his site. I think by
this point it's abundantly clear that NSK is here, not to add to
Wikipedia, but to advertise his own site, and that he's fast becoming
one of the shining examples of Wikipedia being overgenerous with its
good faith.

With this in mind, I think the removal was perfectly justified.

-- ambi