[WikiEN-l] Re: External links and self-linking to my site

NSK nsk2 at wikinerds.org
Wed Jan 12 07:07:05 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 08:47, Rebecca wrote:
> (snip)

If you really believe what you said (and was not because our site is also
wiki, so "competitive" in the minds of some ppl) then the admins of Wikipedia
can have a discussion and decide on whether I should leave or not. I promise
you that if all admins agree that I must leave from Wikipedia and the mailing
list, I will do that, just to show you that my intention has nothing to do
with promoting my websites.

Also consider that I have placed links to other people's sites, too, and that
all the links I place are relevant and beneficial to the reader. On occasions
where some of my links where removed with a good reason, I didn't reinserted
the link. A true spammer would just repost his spamlinks, but I didn't. See
for example [[University of Oxford]] where I posted a link to my report on
the University's computing facilities. The remover didn't say it was spam,
and I considered his reason not entirely invalid.

I don't care whether the links will be removed or not, but I just want to
emphasise that it is *not* an attempt to spam Wikipedia.

I have also contributed and relicensed under the GFDL some of my articles, and
posted them on Wikipedia. If that's not a contribution, then what is
considered to be a contribution?

--
NSK
Visit my wiki at http://jnana.wikinerds.org