[WikiEN-l] Re: www.wikipedia.org no longer redirects to the en main page

Stephan Walter stephan.walter at epfl.ch
Sun Jan 9 18:27:28 UTC 2005

NSK wrote:
> The order is chosen with Western-American values. According to what I see on
> my screen when I access wikipedia.ch, the Japanese and Greek languages are
> not emphasised at all. The German language is emphasised more than Spanish.
> The languages are not in alphabetic order. It is discriminatory and should
> not be applied on wikipedia.org

I designed wikipedia.ch. The reason that some languages are more
prominently displayed is that these are the official languages in
Switzerland (german, french, italian, rumantsch) and english is the
lingua franca in the western world.

It is true that not all languages are shown, this is because I didn't
want to overload the page.

Regards,
Stephan

[[en:User:Stw]]