[WikiEN-l] Re: Are legal threats blockable offenses?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jan 8 19:57:39 UTC 2005

NSK wrote:

>On Saturday 08 January 2005 10:35, Jeff Cook wrote:
>

>>to give notice before he goes ahead with litigation. It's beneficial. I
>>don't really think threats of legal action are a big deal.
>>

>Banning someone who made a legal threat may encourage him/her to actually sue.

There's a need to distinguish between legal "threats" and a statement of
intention to uphold one's legal rights.  People who are just making idle
threats have a tendency to regularly repeat their threats in all sorts
of circumstances, and really doing nothing to back up the words.  Like
Jeff I don't consider legal threats to be a big deal.

Ec