[WikiEN-l] Illegitimate block.

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 14:58:20 UTC 2005

>JAY JG (jayjg at hotmail.com) [050108 01:29]:
>
> > What if someone does 3 reverts, waits a full 24 hours, then does his
>"edit"
> > again, and reverts to it 3 times - has he violated the 3RR or not?  Does
> > the clock always start ticking *after* the first edit?
>
>David Gerard replied:
>
>If it's 24h 5 min and they do it consistently, they're pretty obviously
>gaming the system. I don't see how they could stay on a reverting quest
>like this without violating other policies along the way.

I don't think that fully answers the question.  Yes, they're gaming the
system, but apparently fully within the rules as being proposed by some
editors here.  And some editors are smart enough to do these things without
violating other rules.  Can they be blocked for doing this alone?   And
finally, I must point out that many admins have been viewing any 4 identical
edits in a 24 hour period as being violations of th 3RR; rightfully, in my
view.

Jay.