[WikiEN-l] Are legal threats blockable offenses?

Rhobite rhobite at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:31:34 UTC 2005

Wikipedia doesn't have a clear policy on the proper response to legal
threats. According to [[Wikipedia:No legal threats]], legal threats
against Wikipedia by editors are a violation of policy, but there does
not seem to be consensus to block or ban users who engage in this
practice. Nevertheless, many admins do routinely block people for
making legal threats. I don't believe these blocks are justified by
policy. Whether or not you believe blocking should be allowed, the
policy is currently inconclusive. Maybe someone could clarify this, or
if necessary, we could have a vote about it. Cross-posted to [[Village
Pump (policy)]].

Rhobite