[WikiEN-l] Query admin powers

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 13:21:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 05:43:26 -0700, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> I would just wait for him to return from vacation. While seniority does not
> exist on Wikipedia officially, in practice it does and certain editors such
> as Adam Carr have a degree of favor. Other mechanisms for solving the
> problem such as negotiating with him or mediating will also require his
> presence.

Adam may be on holiday, but he has made several changes to the article
and the discussion page, where he states that he "can't check his
references" at the moment. One might ask why he feels he is able to
revert my edits, which I have backed up by some authoritative and
readily available texts on the matter, if he is without access to
reference material.

In any case, he is flat out wrong on several points. No appeal to
seniority or rankism can justify a stubborn insistence on untruths.

Gough Whitlam and the events of the 1975 dismissal are well enough
known that I can be sure that there are other editors available who
are supplied with the standard texts, such as Paul Kelly's definitive
text "November 1975".
--
Peter in Canberra