[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

El C el.ceeh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 07:38:23 UTC 2005

>We agree its good to keep the moral highground, but my moral
highground *isn't situational --call it "abstract ideals" if you like.

Everyone has ideals, only the most narrow-minded, agenda-driven of
minds consider the basis for these to be limited to... shal we say,
situational isolationism.

The issue isn't with the ideals (abstract or otherwise), but rather,
to whenever there is a risk for these to serve merely as a pretext for
a highly a *selective* approach, one wherein these ideals are
juxtaposed, transposed, and superimposed to any concrete case in an
un-balanced, inaccurate, and un-objective way.

Rationality goes hand in hand with relationality. Unfortunately,
empathy often isn't enough to bring a sympathy which is balanced, be
it for those absorbed in abstract ideals, petty proceduralism, or
both. The forest *and* the tress, in other words. Either one, in
itself, is obviously insufficient and self-defeating.

El_C