[WikiEN-l] Encarta article list

Zachary Harden zscout370 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:18:43 UTC 2005

>From: Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com>
>To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Encarta article list
>Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:44:44 -0700
>>
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Encarta_Encyclopedia_topics
>
>Please delete this list immediately.  Opinions of our legal team are
>divided about the issue, and I feel that in a case like this,
>conservatism and caution are called for.

Due to the above message from Jimbo, and taking no chances, I went ahead and
deleted the Encyclopædia Britannica 2004 list, which was designed in a
similiar fashion to the Encarta list. I am not sure what other lists can go,
but I think we should not take chances with them if the WMF legal are having
issues.

Rgds,

Zach Harden (User:Zscout370)