[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Aug 27 21:11:15 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:
> This discussion is getting a little circular, stale, and off-topic.
> Anyone who wants me to unblock Amalekite should e-mail me. So far I've
> had e-mails supportive of the block, but not one from anyone thinking
> it should be overturned. If people e-mail me directly with their
> views, I'll have a better idea of community consensus, and then I can
> take it into account.

I am of mixed feelings on the block itself.  I was close to doing it
myself, but I also think that some of the pragmatic concerns are
realistic.  Blocking might only lead to worse problems (sock puppets,
claims of injustice which he can use to rally his own community to waste
even more of our time, etc.).  It's a tough call.

I am not of mixed feelings about you and your choice to do the block.  I
am 100% completely supportive of both the block, and of your very
reasonable offer to undo it if the community doesn't agree.

One thing I will always support is good admins making thoughtful but
bold decisions with good faith and for the good of the project.

--Jimbo