[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 23:53:16 UTC 2005

--- Lisa Thurston <lisathurston at gmail.com> wrote:

>  - Amalekite was banned for making a threat to disrupt Wikipedia (even
> though this was off of Wikipedia)

That's the reason given, but think it's arguable. Amalekite certainly was
encouraging people to edit Wikipedia to remove what he perceived to be bias. At
least initially, he was specifically asking people to follow NPOV, avoid
personal attacks and insults, and generally follow the rules.

He did post a list of users he believed were part of a "Zionist cabal" along
with a few insults ("vicious", "ruthless" and "idiots"). And after he was
banned, he did start speculating about edit warring over a long period.

That's only from one thread
(http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=225536). He might have said
more elsewhere, but from that thread, I don't think there's evidence he was
inciting disruption of Wikipedia before he was banned.

I would argue that the blocking admin(s) would have done well to document
exactly why this user was banned, complete with URLs, because it's darn hard to
find the evidence.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com