[WikiEN-l] Pseudodoxia (neo-Nazi Wikipedia)

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:48:02 UTC 2005

On 8/24/05, Jtkiefer <jtkiefer at wordzen.net> wrote:
> I just realized that they are violating our license, they aren't quoting
> wikipedia as the source of content, and except for users who had the
> foresight to use the this is a wikipedia userpage tag on their user and
> user talk page, their pages are ripped unattributed on the site, that's
> a violation of the GFDL I believe, I also wish there was a way to
> prevent these bastards (I'm censoring myself due to the fact that
> younger people might read this list, the correct word starts with an F
> and ends with an S) since I don't want someone googling my username and
> finding it mirrored in full on a Nazi wiki, and I think most users agree
> with me on this.

I don't think anybody with any sense will be confused and I think that
these folk are probably sitting back and enjoying watching all the
outrage caused here.

Let's get real. Wikipedia, no matter how much we love it, is only one
tiny fragment of the web. There are any number of mirror sites and
similiar wikis, and nobody is going to take a real lot of notice of a
neoNazi wikipedia. It's like someone got a cheap dictionary, whited
out all the words they didn't like or scrawled their own definitions,
and then put it on the shelves at the local library. BFD.
--
Peter in Canberra