[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Rob gamaliel8 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 19:37:38 UTC 2005

If I had known we were going to be hairsplitting, I
would have dressed for the occassion.

Let me rephrase for those determined to argue about
this: Wikipedia is an encyclopedia where adherents of
such a hateful and absurd dogma as Nazi-ism should
have no place.

I believe in NPOV just as much as the next admin, but
I'm not going to turn it into a religion.  NPOV
applies to article content, of course, but in my
discussions of policy and human interactions, I will
rely on what happens in the real world.  You may try
to drag NPOV to an absurd extension to say that
perhaps some Nazi somehwhere may be a good, neutral
contributor, but real life experience says that Nazis
are disruptive assholes with an agenda that is
incompatible with our goals.

Gamaliel

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is:

> It is an encyclopedia where such a hateful
> and absurd dogma as Nazi-ism has no place.

Go and VfD [[Nazism]], then. However absurd it may be,
it is an
historically important dogma which needs a careful,
detailed and *neutral*
treatment in a serious encyclopedia.

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com:

Yellow card! :-) Officially WP has no position on
whether Nazi
dogma is hateful or absurd - that is just another POV.